Technological Development Centre of the University of Cantabria
The Technological Development Centre of the University of Cantabria (CDTUC) in Spain is devoted to innovation where 14 commercial companies and 12 university research groups are currently working on projects. 77 percent of their projects are contracted projects with external organizations. They needed an HPC solution that would accelerate access to HPC compute resources and the innovation they drive. They turned to the combination of optimized Moab for the HPC Suite workload management on their existing SLURM resource manager.
Moab® Cloud for the HPC Suite with SLURM resource manager for HPC Cloud
- Ability to integrate with their homegrown job submission and management portal using Moab Web Services
- Optimized GPGPU scheduling and management to maximize utilization and minimize management of these processors to accelerate jobs
- Intelligent allocation to prevent job failures so jobs started, especially by the external commercial groups, and completed without error or delay and without pushing up support costs
- Future and maintenance reservations ensure that resources are available for key projects for each of the sharing organizations and groups and that the resources remain stable and reliable to maximize uptime
The Centre will realize significant benefits from the optimization Moab brings to their workload management including:
- Optimizing service levels across multiple sharing groups with different priorities
- Maximizing utilization and throughput leveraging existing tools
- Enabling pay-for-use of the system for commercial organizations using the system
About Adaptive Computing
Adaptive Computing manages some of the world’s largest computing installations. Our leadership in IT decision engine software has been recognized with over 45 patents and more than over a decade of user experience battle-tested performance, resulting in a solid Fortune 500 and Top500 supercomputing customer base.
Adaptive Computing’s mission is to bring higher levels of decision, control, and self-optimization to the challenges of deploying and managing large and complex IT environments, enabling them to accelerate business performance at a reduced cost.
For more information or to request a NODUS POC, contact Sue DeGram, Director of Marketing at Adaptive Computing Enterprises, Inc. email@example.com